Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Cary 300 SEI Integrated & AKG k1000 Headphones

I am interested in buying a Cary 300 SEI Integrated Amp and an AKG K1000 headphone set. Has anyone tried this combination? Are they synergistic in that the 300 SEI can help with the reported strident highs and week bass of the AKGs? Has anyone tried different 300B tubes - especially the Western Electric and Sophia? I have read that the WE have the best mids but soft bass and rolled highs. The Sophia is just a tad less in the mids but magnificent in the bass and highs. Has anyone experimented with any headphone cords like Blue Moon and Cardas with this combo? Finally, has anyone extensively listened and compared the K1000 to the new K701?

PS
I am trying to find an old 300 SEI with a gold face plate - let me know if there are any leads out there. Thanks!

PPS
Any recommendations for an internet purchase of the AKGs since they are being discontinued?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Cary 300 SEI Integrated & AKG k1000 Headphones - rsyouman 11:18:21 08/01/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.