In Reply to: RE: Ralph, What about my 7241s? posted by Lew on May 25, 2020 at 07:29:21:
The vacuum tubes I currently own, and I DO have a few, are in a 1950s Zenith Trans Oceanic Radio.
And they are difficult to source tubes, I'm told. But also last 'forever'.
I'd love for an EE to weigh in. Lot's of points in modern hi-end audio which are less than accessible to many people. And I think works to the detrement of the hobby as a whole when somebody goes to a store and is told they need XX for cables and the tubes in the amp 'are OK' and 'you should upgreade them ASAP'......
I'd love to compile a list....
Too much is never enoughThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - tubes 6082 Raytheon - sprussog 11:16:08 05/08/20 (10)
- RE: tubes 6082 Raytheon - cpotl 13:18:39 05/13/20 (0)
- What is the value of the current limiting resistors in the output section? - Ralph 11:54:58 05/13/20 (7)
- If it lacks current limiting resistors in the output section, power tubes will fail easily. - Ralph 09:46:57 05/14/20 (6)
- Ralph, What about my 7241s? - Lew 18:36:04 05/23/20 (5)
- RE: Ralph, What about my 7241s? - pictureguy 18:55:56 05/23/20 (4)
- RE: tubes 6082 Raytheon - djn 22:36:37 05/12/20 (0)
- RE: Ralph, What about my 7241s? - pictureguy 09:57:08 05/25/20 (0)