Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Bigshow, what do you mean 'more involvement'?

I am tempted to start guessing, but it's really not important to know who is interested in selling his "personal pair" of OTLs. However, this does not sound like something Ralph would ever say. Over the ~60 years since the Futterman amplifiers were introduced under the aegis of Harvard Electronics, there have been some less than ideally reliable OTLs on the market now and then (definitely NOT including anything made by Futterman or Atma-sphere), but most of those products have been weeded out by time and market forces. Therefore it is highly unlikely that you will have any special problems not faced from time to time by an Audio Research owner. (In the early days of AR, their Dual 50 amplifier and its various versions were more unreliable than any OTL in my experience, by the way.) So, if this is a "name brand" (Joule?) proceed with alacrity.

If it's KSS or Fourier, caveat emptor.

Edits: 04/25/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Bigshow, what do you mean 'more involvement'? - Lew 09:43:39 04/25/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.