I have a pair of MA-1 Silver Edition mono amps that have been sent back to the factory and brought completely up to the latest configuration.
They are essentially perfect.
So, naturally, I want to keep messing with them.
A couple of Audio Magic (http://www.audio-magic.com/) products made a nice difference:
1. Audio Magic Cable Silencers [manufacturer's description , below]
Reduce unwanted vibration energy | Reduce noise | Enhance signal flow
Cable Silencers come in a set of 4 and are simply plugged into your negatve and positive speaker binding posts. They are not in the signal path, so their effects are entirely from passive operation.
The Silencers reduce Micro vibrations in the cable, reduce noise riding the signal, and greatly enhance signal flow.
What will you hear?
1. Incredible inner detail and Transparency
2. Faster and more dynamic Bass.
3. Wider and Deeper soundstage
4. A smoother and more musical experience
2. Premiere Super Fuse
This fuse is filled with a 1/3 anti-vibration material and 2/3 Super Black Out mixture for even better EMI and RF control. This fuse is just like the standard Super Fuse, only we've add our NEW i Core Technology to the fuse. [I put these in the driver circuit only: T.B.]
I have also put Herbie's Audio Labs http://herbiesaudiolab.net/ tube dampers on the ten 6SN7 input tubes.
Question: might I also benefit from putting tube dampers on the 28 6AS7 output tubes (at $29 each, gasp!)? Have any intrepid inmates tried this?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tube dampers etc. - throwback 13:05:37 04/08/16 (16)
- RE: Tube dampers etc. - throwback 20:31:30 04/08/16 (12)
- RE: Tube dampers etc. - MrDerrick 06:49:21 04/10/16 (10)
- RE: Tube dampers etc. - Lew 10:04:40 04/10/16 (9)
- Boutique 6SN7s - Ralph 11:23:03 04/12/16 (0)
- RE: Tube dampers etc. - MrDerrick 10:54:51 04/10/16 (7)
- RE: Tube dampers etc. - Lew 10:34:41 04/11/16 (6)
- Lew, have you given the Tung-Sol roundplates a serious evaluation? - jeffreybehr 11:40:26 04/11/16 (5)
- RE: Lew, have you given the Tung-Sol roundplates a serious evaluation? - Lew 14:36:01 04/11/16 (4)
- If you want to sell your single for, say... - jeffreybehr 15:30:29 04/11/16 (3)
- Any comment on Raytheon 6SN7WGT/VT231? - Lew 18:59:17 04/11/16 (2)
- I've never heard one. The instant I heard my first pair of TSRPs... - jeffreybehr 20:34:41 04/11/16 (1)
- RCA VT231/6SN7WGT - Lew 08:23:34 04/15/16 (0)
- RE: Tube dampers etc. - Lew 11:07:55 04/09/16 (0)
- Audio Magic Cable Silencers - Lew 17:29:46 04/08/16 (0)
- I've used Herbies' tube dampers for decades including on my 'old'... - jeffreybehr 14:42:40 04/08/16 (0)
- RE: Tube dampers etc. - MrDerrick 13:17:34 04/08/16 (0)