Customer sent me this pic of old used OTL amp he picked up. He says it looks like it is built in a computer type rack mount chassis....
Ralph (& fellow OTL fans), is this a Atma-Sphere unit???? Except for using a circuit board, it looks like a Atma-Sphere OT given the layout, use a 6AS7's...but I have not seen one before that looks like this.
Retailer & Audio Asylum Industry LiaisonThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Mystery OTL maybe??? (pic attached) - Rich Brkich 08:12:34 02/17/16 (7)
- RE: Mystery OTL maybe??? (pic attached) - used-hifi 21:55:50 08/20/16 (0)
- Its amazing where these things turn up. - Ralph 09:18:00 02/17/16 (5)
- RE: Its amazing where these things turn up. - AJ 10:54:04 02/17/16 (4)
- He hand-taped the circuit board but had it made at a local shop. - Ralph 11:21:02 02/17/16 (3)
- RE: He hand-taped the circuit board but had it made at a local shop. - Lew 12:02:04 02/18/16 (2)
- Yes, they are REL caps - ruffian 19:55:45 02/18/16 (0)
- I'm pretty sure it was not built with the Teflons; they were added about 15 years ago. - Ralph 12:38:34 02/18/16 (0)