Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Beveridge?

Did you say Beveridge? I've got 2SWs in my basement as a second system. I absolutely love them. As you probably know, they're direct-driven by their own hybrid solid state input/tube output amplifiers that are built in to the base of each speaker. If you're using an external amplifier, you must have Model 3s or higher. Which ones?

About 40 years ago, I built a pair of transmission line woofer cabinets for KEF B139 woofers, an hommage to the IMF Monitor speaker that I loved in the 70s. (The woofer cabs were once part of a full-range system using also KEF B200 midrange and ESL tweeters, but they are long gone.) Over the years, I came close more than once to trashing the cabinets, because they were only taking up space. Then when I got the 2SWs, the KEF in TL cabs makes a perfect mate, from about 80Hz on down.

I probably listen to this system more than to my "upstairs" system, because it does not annoy my wife when she is trying to sleep, since the basement is two floors and two closed doors away from our bedroom.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.