Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Feetz

Feet do make a difference, but I am not willing to use the superlatives found in a Mapleshade catalog. I am also a big believer in DIY feet and tweaks in general. For my turntables in slate plinths (which I also made or had made for me), I use small cans of Mandarin Orange slices in water. At the bottom of each can I glued Black Diamond Racing tiptoes, because they were given to me for free. There is a method to this madness; I hypothesize that energy is dissipated as heat in the watery content of the cans. The orange slices (or whatever) serve to keep the water in disorder for better capacity to dissipate energy. The tiptoes assure that downforce is transferred up into the contents of the can (and down from the can into the shelf), via the thinner metal of the top and bottom of any "tin can", rather than along its stiff sidewalls. Best of all, I can believe whatever I want.

I did determine that Mandarin Orange slices sound a bit better than Sauer Kraut, probably because the former cans have a much higher water content. You can't go wrong at $2 per foot, plus the value of the tiptoes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Feetz - Lew 12:11:30 05/15/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.