Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Triode outputs on a Futterman...

Lew

It is not surprise for me that Fourier do not have big success by replicating original Futterman amplifier concept .
Since even if that early triode based Futterman OTL amp looks very simple on the paper ( schematic ) basically they are not so simple , since surprisingly they are designed almost as some modern SS PP amps , with very high OLG ~60db ,with~ 35 dB of GNFB , with one extra bootstrap loop around of phase splitter and with final target to represent close as possible pure voltage source for at that time standard 16ohm load(speaker).
Even simple wrong layout of passive and active elements on amp chassis can cause unstable operation for that type of amp, sometime inserting of some extra compensation elements is needed to suppress amp oscilation ...
Any way to make long story short ,original Futterman OTL amp concept can not successfully replicate anyone , pretty big knowledge and experience is needed for that , and even bigger for original Futterman OTL amps based on TV power pentodes.

Edits: 02/24/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Triode outputs on a Futterman... - Banat 15:54:52 02/24/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.