Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: CCS in a circlotron???

Lew

I don`t find that any of your questions is naive , but actually is very good questions .

I think that value of R1 + R2(cathode load res.) need to have usual value as for standard non-bootstrapped circuit ,R1+R2=43-47K , that value is mainly determined from actual DC voltage values on bipolar DC supply sources , and in the same time establish driver tube optimum static and dynamic operating point.
To found optimum value for Cb(x) is little more complicated , and need to be carefully chosen to allow equal AC voltage on both side of capacitor over full frequency spectrum of interest, but on the same time to allow near as possible same AC voltage across R1 too .
Some math can be done but there is some variables in this circuit too ,as output power tube(s) transfer characteristic , and load(speaker)resonance points which can influence VAC signal level and phase on the right side of Cb(x) .
So final math will be pretty complicated for this circuit , and I think that easy way for me is to made experiment , measurements and listening test and to empirically found that optimum ratio of values for Cb(x) on the one side and R1/R2 ratio on another side.

Edits: 01/04/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: CCS in a circlotron??? - Banat 09:10:58 01/04/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.