Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Designer = Roger Modjeski

Lew an others
Maybe we can move back here....for other so if thay run into the SL mod in tiime... thay can get some info.... or what ever ...
To Me it looks like Jim got it right with Acoustat "befor c mod" as for geting the best output out of the high frc. tranfourmers

But i gess Dr. west an jim were facet with people needing to driver these ESL at full output...so this led to the C mod an the setup on the soundLabs.... like thay gave up the best sound for the most sound output..

look can any one give just a drawing of the SL setup

Some of the best sound so far with the Acoustats.. with this setup..the M60s do sound good..
the 60years old pr of Dynaco MK3s...with the Stock 60years old tubes 6550 GEs...an a 6AN8...this is sweet as honey...an it well drive you out of the room...it louad...best highs i have ever got out of any ESL to date...

So were looking at 6 days i had this mod in an i still have to get up in the morning an see if the sound is still there...may be the output tranfourmer on the MK3 match the tranfourmers in the Acoustats interfaces but it work great...Thanks for any input on geting good sound out of OTLs an ESL....goodluck

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Designer = Roger Modjeski - tyu 05:23:09 06/11/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.