Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Addendum

Here it is Ralph has hit it....

There's gotta be some point where if the two transformers have different ratios, they will load each other and both would get warm if they are tied to the same load. Right now that's not a problem.

It When you tie the tranfourmers togather...this is a Problem.. the caps can be what ever....... you lose output in the paraleling of the secdary of the tranfourmers... that cant be over came!....jUST One tranfourmer ..If it was as big as the A1s...maybe?
KIs

What if I just hook up the two transformers together in parallel to drive one full range panel.

No....You need two tranfourmers that are the same..then run them like the ML CSLs setup...Look you may only get the speakers to go down too. 40-50hz...but the gains are well worth it...well to me anyway...

An for what i know about ESL... it just hands on...if i have not done it.. an heard it ...I wont post about what i think.

..The ML setup is the only way to over come this that i see....look i have Acoustat an about 5 pr of ML here an i have redone all the panels it a must....ML makes Big money of saleing panels...thay are set up to fail....thay feed the bias only on one side..i run new bias feeds an the panels come alive... I got out of the SL A1...I new i would spend big money if i keep them.
But i am not in to anyone ESL...thay all work the same...one thing i do Know there a lot of room to get better sound out of the SL an other ESLs the bias is one place i would start with the sound lab.. a better bias tranfourmer would go a long way at geting better sound ...
goodluck..An thanks for any input on geting better sound

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.