Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Ok since it comes up here and there :)

I talked to a few people, exchanged emails with Rob, and he needs a minimum of four pairs to make another build. I am interested in finding people who want to try it. I also talked to Brian Walsh, and he said he knows one more nutcase who is interested in trying the transformers. I asked him if he would act as a central receiving and shipping point, so people would not feel strange about laying out the moneys for shipping and the goods. Brian is an established entity and his trustworthiness is beyond any questions. So with all of that mumbo jumbo, here is the deal: The trannies are now 377 $AU apiece...you know, interest and material cost increases, and other factors drive the prices. Rob wants a 20% deposit to start the production run. He takes credit cards. He could bulk ship them to Brian who could forward them to the lunatics who want to mod their speakers. Brian also expressed his concerns, since he is an SL dealer, that this mod is by no means condoned, or covered by SL, so if you burn down your speakers, or backplates it is entirely your liability, and nothing is covered by SL. if repairs have to be made to one of these speakers it is not clear, that SL can or is willing to make any repairs to any of the modified parts.

Now beyond all the scare and warning, i have modified my backplates extensively and working on them is not a very complex thing, so i am confident that most lunatics who are willing to take out portions of the backplate, replace transformers, etc. are comfortable doing so.

So let me know if there are any takes, send me email through the asylum mail :)

dee
;-D

True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.

quote by Kurt Vonnegut

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.