Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Thanks, Luca...

In my remark about "mental masturbation", I was only trying to avoid any potential conflict with anyone who may think that "break-in" of capacitors or other bits of audio gear is due to one's ear-brain becoming used to a new change in sound, rather than to physical alteration of components that may occur during initial use. I just did not wish to waste my time by arguing the point one way or the other.

As a virologist myself, I do appreciate the bit about LaMontagne, as well. Since HIV is an RNA virus (i.e., its genetic information is encoded in RNA, not DNA), I wonder that he would be involved in studies of "virus DNA". Moreover, if virus DNA has the potential for electromagnetic emissions, then the DNA genome of any living thing has similar possible properties. I guess viruses are a good place to start. Maybe we humans are a major source of EMI in our own listening environments; we should wrap ourselves in TI shield. (Just kidding, of course.)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.