Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: NYAL OTL 3

Thanks for your reply.

Let me answer your questions first. Bid on ebay for US$2050 from vidlabtds in USA(Sr nos. BL005 and 007). Speakers are Tannoy HPD 385 (15 inches) in open baffles with side wings, these are 8 ohms speakers. Amps have not been used since purchase.

Would really appreciate it if you could post the biasing instructions to me. Willing to pay postage if you can send me a paypal invoice. Alternatively you could scan the instructions and email it to me, whichever is convenient.

Have removed the power cords and replaced them with IEC sockets. Intend to replace the WIMA caps as these would be out of spec by now. The amps come with different value caps which is rather odd. Any suggestions for suitable replacement caps. Also intend to eventually replace the 15 coupling caps (photoflash) with Panasonic TS ED caps as suggested by LEW (560uf 400v)with an extra pair to make up for total 9000uf in each amp.

I'm currently buying 6lf6 tubes from ebay to replace the faulty tube. What parameters should I look for in matching the tube.

I have also written to G Kaye but have not got a reply.

My postal add is:

V N Naidu
Block 497 J, Tampines St 45
#10-76
SINGAPORE 527497

Thanks for the help

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.