Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

You're just itchin' fer a fight ain't yeh?

I'm happy that you're happy with your Citation II. I'm impressed with the transformer specifications, though as I recall "tranny" refers to an automobile transmission in an automotive hot rod magazine written by teenagers who dropped out of Junior High. My car is a GTO, not a goat, my son's car is a Mustang not a 'stang, and my amplifiers contain transformers, not trannies.
But I digress. I have (butchered?) modified in the area of ten Citation II's. Several were power supply upgrades, power cord replacement, the addition of a power switch in the useless 120 volt receptacle hole (no drilling needed!), triode mode switches, bias supplies, capacitor replacements, replacement input jacks and output barrier strips (again, without drilling), etc. I have also created four modified versions, three with Williamson input circuits using ECC82's and one with the Hedge circuit including cathode followers using 6DJ8's and 12AT7's originally and now with 6CG7/6FQ7's and ECC99 followers. This circuit is very similar in topology to the Atmasphere input stage, which I believe is highly regarded. The rolloff issues have been resolved.
All of the four modified amps sound better than any of the "stock" circuit amps in my system and three other friend's systems. I am pleased (ecstatic) with the results. If however, you are pleased with your version then good for you. I'm happy for you. Your ears need to judge what you listen to. You've not heard my creations (I hope) and are therefore unqualified to judge the relative merits of the finished products. If you heard them and were unimpressed, I'm certain I would be crushed, run out and buy whatever you suggested I should like so that you would approve of my system.
Maybe not.
Slick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You're just itchin' fer a fight ain't yeh? - Slick 09:14:39 03/17/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.