Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: have you considered getting the amps updated?

No ...Not really.. I'd have to spend more money upgrading the amp, than I paid for it in the first place. I just want as much info as possible to allow me to set these up properly. I think what Z said is probably the case: When I put new tubes in , I do preheat them for a couple of days before hitting them with the B+, howevewr the tubes that were/ are good are of questionable age and stress.. because, as he said , when a tube section fails, the rest of the tubes have to pick up the extra current that the failed section used to draw. I wish there was some indication when a tube section first fails/ IOW some visual change in the bias current / I could check it on a regular basis , and if it changed abruptly, I could do a complete visual tube inspection at that time... If I were to use an external digital meter , instead of the built in one , how should I hook it up ? I should probably replace every power tube from scratch and go from there ? Maybe if I got a sweet deal on a trade-in of these [ they are in mint cond.], I'd get a brand new set of M60's :)))))

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.