Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Pass Labs...

Oh how I'd love to have a pair of the big Aleph mono blocks to drive my JBL's with (assuming I had a room for the JBL's, but that's another story) as I have the Aleph P Preamp and Ono phono stage - which I happened to buy from acres verde when he decided to go sandless. I have had the pleasure of hearing my system with his M60's driving the JBL's and it was simply the best ever. They provided a real sense of ease and made the room seem deeper than it was, effectively putting me further away from my speakers. I always felt like my room needed at least another five feet in depth so I could get further away from the speakers (the horn part anyway) and those amps made that happen, amongst other things.

Alas, I'm on a holding pattern for a while until my housing situation changes since I moved into a condo with a less than ideal audio environment (limted space and neighbors). That and I have a new hobby that will require some funding, namely a parachute since I took up skydiving :-)

marc g. - audiophile by day, music lover by night

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Pass Labs... - marc g. 13:57:03 12/02/05 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.