Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: OTL for Tympanis

The atmosphere is a fabulous sounding amp and I used to have the servo amps on my acoustat 4s which are OTL amps.THey sound fabulous but they are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS to keep running because of high current and arcing of the sockets..I have martin logan monolith 2s now and I use a modded citation with Jim mchanes mods and I use pio vitaman Q caps and I run in triode mode becuase I biamp with the ML sub and its fabulous..You have awesome speakers and I used to have tympani 1d speakers and I wanted 4As but the logans came along at a super deal so I got them..Take my advice and just do some tweaks to your citation 2 like JIM Mchanes mods and you wont have a better amp at any price I promise..The OTL amps are not worth the grief trust me.THe band width on the citation 2 trannies are 250k which is probbably the best in the world..THey are grabbing those amps just for the trannies..Also I have some mods to do to your speaker networks..I know Jim whiney from magnepan pretty well and he gave me a mod sheet for the 4a speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.