Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Question for Ralph on MP1

I don't recall if you have the semiconductor regulated power supply, but if you don't that would be a good thing to get with respect to the phono! If you already have the new regulator an additional outboard supply for the phono seems like it would not win you anything. I have heard of a few MP-1s that got set up with the Super Reg circuit. If you have one of those you will want to increase the power supply voltage as none of them we have seen have been set up with the right voltages.

The line section has about 15 db so you would have about 62-65 db overall. Normally .6mV is no problem, but with lower efficiency speakers you will have to crank it up.

The stepup transformers are handy for gain- with my speakers (97 db) the transformers make the preamp hard to use with a 0.3mV cartridge as I only get a couple of notches on the volume control available. With your speakers that might work out quite nicely.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.