Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Preamp choices for TS T 16 OTL amp ?

Alan- Thanks for the response and great advice !, So far I'm delighted with the T 16 OTL, I've tried it with my Moon 1.5 pre-outs, an older but Higher end Sim Audio preamp, , sounded wonderful but with some subtle differences, and at one point I went direct drive from mu Korato tube phono stage without considering the fact that their is no way to reduce the gain and amazingly enough it sounded incredibly clear and clean despite exceeding the Decibal level acheivements of a Ranmones concert back in their glory days, there was an immediate mass critter exodus from my listening room, the cats have yet failed to gain the courage to return ;-)
The TS T 16 OTL and I'm assuming other OTL's as well is seemingly
a very different experience from my previous Tube amplification listening I find the T 16's 15 watts/ch. seem more like 150 watt's/ch
on my DIY Fostex Fe 208 E Sigma driven full range TQWT's, and I can turn the gain up to painful levels with no discerable compression
or distortion, and so far the musicality seems to be right up there with my 45 SET, my only way of judging involves how long I'll remain planted in my Barcalounger, blowing off possibly important phone calls from clients, and the involuntary toe tapping response etc.

One question ? I found these tubes on eBay 6S19P (6c19ri) Svetlana Tubes. QTY = 4Item number: 3879545540 forwarded to me by an
Inmate on the Tube Asylum, would you consider these a usefull or safe equivalent ?
Kind Regards FredJ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.