Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Second Lew's point ..

So far I've used my Moon 1.5 Integrated in the preamp role (sounded wonderful, my Older but High End Sim audio preamp still sounds wonderful but subtle differences, and I even tried going direct from my Korato Tube Phono Stage (However I failed to consider the fact that there is no way to control the gain ;-) and it sounded absolutely magnificent despite being as loud as the Ramones or the Who in concert in their glory day's, my critters vacated the listening room en masse ;-)
I have a close friend who designs and builds full range loudspeakers
and obsessively buys and sells interesting tube gear, I think I'll prevail upon him to loan me a couple of different tube pre's, and
use my ears as the final arbiter, that said however the TS T 16 OTL
initial impressions are that it's an extraordinary amplifier ! The 15 watts/ch. seem more like 150 watt's/ch.on my Fostex FE 208 E Sigma
(98 db)driven TQWT's, it definately seems to have more grunt than my 75 watt/ch Moon 1.5 solid state, and it seems that no matter how much I jack up the gain there is no apparent congestion,compression or discernable distortion, it's a far different experience than any of the other tube amplification I've used or tried in the past.
Thanks for the excellent advice.
Kind Regards FredJ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Second Lew's point .. - Fred J 19:15:18 03/09/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.