Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Unreg or reg PSUs ? any improvment ?!

I am not aware of any Futterman-type OTLs that used voltage regulation on the output tube supply. Since you mention you are using 6080 triodes in the output circuit, I wonder whether you are using one of the Fourier amps that used triodes, e.g., the Panthere or Triomphe (but the Panthere used 6C33Cs). Otherwise, all other Futterman-type designs that I know of used pentodes or tetrodes, e.g., the Fourier Sans Pareil, all NYAL, Prodigy, Counterpoint, KSS, and Futterman originals. Perhaps you can clarify. If you are in Europe, perhaps you own a pair of Graafs or Crofts, but the former amps use 6C33Cs, so I am still a bit puzzled. The Tenor amps use regulation for the input stages, but I don't think/don't know that they regulate the output supply, and to my knowledge the Tenors are not Futterman-types. Regulating the output supply would always be problematic unless you do it in a massive overkill way, because you want the output tubes to be free to draw massive amounts of current during musical transients.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.