Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: 6as7 life continued...

Thanks for the reply, Bill. For those that don't have access to what you have in the factory bench, it's more difficult isn't it?

Maybe I can rephrase my question. If I measure the 6as7 plate voltages directly in my amps, and get readings that look OK (like 50 - 80 mV), does that mean my tubes are perfectly OK? Or it is possible that even with the measurements tubes may in fact not be good (transconductance)? The thing is my tubes basically all measure ok but I don't think the performance of my amps is good and the only thing I can think of (short of something amiss with circuit components) that would cause this is the output tubes. My driver tubes were all recently tested with a good tester and are excellant. By process of elimination I suspect power tubes. But the plate voltage measurements don't tell me thats the problem. And before I spend cash retubing I'd like to know if its possible that something like transconductance could be off in a tube but plate voltage measures ok. I hope what I'm asking is clear, and there is a yes/no answer!

Bryan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.