Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Put a Tranny in a ZH-270

Hi Terry, oh boy, put a tranny in a ZH-270? You can only imagine all the trouble and years and years that it took to design out all signal tranny's or the need for one and to put one again into the signal path would probably put Dave over the edge to insanity :)

The amp adds no sonic signature of such of it's own, it was not design to be a tone control or a tone altering device, is that not why all you speaker designers love the ZH-270 :) we'll leave the coloring up to other components in a system, the amp presents your system, not itself.

Yes, it is undefeated in bass but it's undefeated into any varying speaker loads, high frequency as well, that's why people are startled by the clarity and openness, there is every bit of soul in this amp as any but it's hidden by the true linearity capability of the top end.

As well, I cannot emphasize enough the use of proper interconnects with the ZH-270, it's very capable of reproducing high RF energy into low speaker impedances, that's why I recommend the Stereovox, with high shielding and very small signal wire.

Oh, you need to let me upgrade that amp at sometime.

Allan
David Berning Co

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.