Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Agree with Lew - avoid the surge protectors...

The best thing you can do for any Atma-Sphere amplifier is give it as good a power connection directly back to your service panel as you can, without surge protectors and other devices in the way that might limit current draw.

In my opinion, the best thing any of us can do for our electronic gear is to provide one or more dedicated AC lines (lots of threads on this in the archives here and at AudiogoN), use high quality in wall receptacles (all copper/brass with no plating), and use a good power cord from the gear to the wall. Spending money on these three areas will give far more "bang for the buck" than any of the surge protectors or power supplies designed to sit in our listening rooms.

As to power cords, none of us will have been able to try everything. I'll just add my own experience that I've found the Silent Source power cords to work very well with my Atma-Sphere MA-2s. They may be out of the price range you're willing to consider, but they would be a better investment than a power conditioner or surge protector. And, still, I'd make a dedicated AC line my first priority.
http://www.walkeraudio.com/silent_source_cables.htm

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Agree with Lew - avoid the surge protectors... - Rushton 15:14:10 10/28/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.