Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Futterman H-3

Not to up stage Mr. Karsten,

The amp dates from '63-65 I have stereo Review reports on it. It does indeed have Goodall brand coupling caps and ,if like mine, Mallory electrolytic output caps. I replaced all the goodalls(notorious for being leaky) and the the two output electrolytic cans and the power supply can. The exact same form factor cans can be had from Mallory via Digikey or Mouser...your choice on the crazy world of coupling caps. I also bypassed the output electrolytics with say 47uf solens and a smaller film as these electrolytics are about 400uf in value.

I plan to further experiment with true film caps in the output like the Unlytic films or the new Cornell Dublier film caps available in high uf ranges and high voltage. Have fun. But Ralph gives good advice, most of these caps should now be replaced to avoid big trouble to the grids of the outputs or in the case of the big cans power supply meltdown or horror: speaker welding!

AJ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Futterman H-3 - AJ 19:23:37 06/10/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.