Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Who owns the 9000 series Atma-Sphere M-50/M-60?

Back in the mid-1990's, I personally built two or three sets of oddball M-50/M-60 from new & salvaged parts. These sets were sold inexpensively as used, refurbished merchandise, after I had played them in my home system for several months.

The amps are unique to themselves - they have chassis and transformers from circuit-board M-50, but they are in fact fully handwired "M-50 Mk.II" (a product that never existed). One may have MA-1 transformers in it, and be a true M-60. These sets all differ slightly from each other, and are basically factory one-offs.

I believe they all had champagne front panels, with green LEDs. But the dead giveaway is a 4-digit 9000 series serial number. I used the 9000 series for my little projects, to distinguish them from standard production.

Anyway, I'm curious to find out who owns this equipment today. I've never had a support call on any of them, so either they are still working fine, or just languishing in a closet somewhere. Anyone spotted this stuff anywhere?

Finally, I'm working on a new addition to the 9000 series.. It will be a 40watt (into 16 ohms) stereo amp, based on an M-60 Mk.II.3 mono chassis, but using mostly S-30 parts. Should be neat.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Who owns the 9000 series Atma-Sphere M-50/M-60? - Legendre 07:53:55 05/13/05 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.