Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

my error

I see now upon re-reading your post that you really said you have no longterm experience with the 7241 and so cannot assess its reliability. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

I also have trouble envisioning the circuitry in your monoblocks. How is it that you can mix two different types of output tube in the same circuit? I guess it could "work" if you have two matched pairs of tubes of different type, but do you then bias them separately? Since any two different tube types will respond differently to changes in voltage and current, it would seem that mixing them in an output circuit would result in distortion of one kind or another. For example the 7241 and 7242 have very different mu. Also, if you "remove" the 7242s in an amp that is running a combination of 7241 and 7242, then you have drastically reduced its power output, which would certainly tend to affect dynamics, as you noted, but I would not then conclude that the 7241 lacks dynamics. I am probably completely misunderstanding you and if so I apologize again.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • my error - Lew 07:07:27 10/21/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.