oneZ point source mini monitor announced by Audio Crafters Guild
oneZpoint source mini monitor announced by Audio Crafters Guild
Audio Crafters Guild's new hi-fi speaker is the oneZ a high sensitivity point source mini monitor. Using a single full range driver in a reflex enclosure oneZ closely approximates the long held ideal of a phase coherent point source transducer. oneZ performance is high enough to justify its use in top rank stereo systems yet its reasonable cost and size allow it to be selected for multi-channel reproduction in 5.1 and 7.1 speaker arrays.
oneZ is a compact high performance loudspeaker capable of communicating music's beauty and emotional impact with dynamic ease and outstanding time domain performance. The unit's wide bandwidth driver is direct coupled to the driving amplifier. This decidedly atypical system architecture yields multiple performance enhancements including:
- tonality full of rich nuances thanks to the light responsive driver,
- extreme transparency to the source from the lack of reactive loss prone filter elements between amp and driver,
- outstanding imaging capabilities as the system is phase correct across its entire bandwidth and a broad range of listening angles,
- lively dynamics, pace, rhythm, and timing due to excellent time domain performance, high efficiency, and low enclosure noise,
- easy to drive 8 ohm impedance and 90 dB/W/m efficiency assure compatibility with systems ranging from low power triode through the latest digital amps.
oneZ developed from an aesthetic of simplicity melded with a desire to deliver the tonal vibrancy and dynamic liveliness of large high efficiency speakers in a compact package. Key to attaining this goal is a state of the art enclosure featuring innovative tri-layer baffle with sand loaded vibration trap. The result is a speaker delivering sweet tone and dynamic swing useable in a wide variety of systems.
oneZ system is configurable and upgrade capable. Available in a variety of configurations including:
- disassembled box for the hard-core DIYer who wishes to source the driver and other parts,
- turn-key kit with all the components to build a speaker,
- factory assembled and tested,
- custom configured bespoke versions including the option of exotic hardwoods and finishes,
- driver options use Fostex products including the amazing FE107E, high output FW108N, or the F120A featuring Alnico magnet for the ultimate motor.
- frequency response 85 - 20k Hz
- efficiency 89 to 90 dB/W/m depending on driver used
- power requirements 2 to 30 watts
- size 12 1/2 x 6 1/2 x 9 3/8 inches, 320 x 165 x 238 mm.
- CNC cut birch plywood enclosure
Price ranges from $85 for a flat pack box kit, $220 assembled, to $432 assembled with Alnico driver. In depth oneZ product and cost details are available on theACG web site.
Audio Crafters Guildwas founded in 1994 with a vision that given access to the necessary resources home crafts persons can build audio equipment fully the equal of any commercially produced component. After a decade in business Audio Crafters Guild continues to serve both the DIY community and individuals preferring turnkey craftsman built units.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - oneZ point source mini monitor announced by Audio Crafters Guild - Norman Tracy 23:03:41 02/23/04 (0)