Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: How do you use the UL tap on parellel feed?

Hello Braubeat:

the UL taps are on the coil mostly for the airgapped versions wherein the power supply is in series with the primary winding of the trans...
then you just hook it up a you would any UL circuit configuration.

The parafeed implementation uses the same coil.... as the RH-40, 60 and 80... and, hence, it too has the ul tap by default.

running UL with parallel feed while not technically impossible... is so cumbersome that I can't imagine anyone doing it....

you would need to have a DC screen supply and a plate supply each of which was in parallel with respect to the signal and you would need to use a blocking cap (as far as I can tell) btwn the screen and the UL tap as well as btwn the plate and the plate lead on the output transformer.

Like... I hinted at.... the ul tap was incorporated into this design to give folks more flexibility in the range of applications that this trans would be suitable for. Though, i clearly envisioned that the UL taps would be most likely used in the RH-60 model in particular.

hope I've answered your query,

Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: How do you use the UL tap on parellel feed? - MQracing 18:56:44 05/15/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.