Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: 45 Parafeed Output Transformer

Entirely possible and the approach that I am in fact most leaning toward.

But still need to mull over and think it out.

As just one example of a practical issue that I'm wrestling with is.... One idea is I'd like to again build some units with the all litz secondaries. But the Mexico's secondary winding architecture is such that it is a twin coil of equal impedances design.. One of which is centertapped. Which means I have five leads on the secondary.

When we did the litz secondary before it was for a single 8 ohm secondary impedance and hence only two terminations were needed.

Mexico design would need five such terminations. If it were built on a larger lamination we could build it with flying leads mount the trans vertically and use Bell ends. Problem solved. BUT. BUT. there are not Bell end caps for the smaller lam size used in the EXO forty series. Hence we have to probably use solder lugs... And part of the beauty of the litz was going direct to the output terminals (RCA jacks) direct with no solder joints. Mexico makes this approach more difficult from practical considerations...

The above is just one of the " details" that must get flushed out in any new design. And if I'm not happy... If I'm not feeling Zen... The project is on hold until I'm happy. That's always how I've designed and brought to market new products. It must first please me as the designer.

Sorry if I've rambled!!!

MSL

Builder of MagneQuest & Peerless transformers since 1989

Edits: 03/06/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.