Home MagneQuest/Peerless Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: RIT-5 "senior"

Happy new year to you!

First we should ascertain whether your RIT-5 is airgapped (series feed) or a parafeed implementation. If it is a series feed type it will most likely have written on the coil wrapper how much DC current it was gapped for. If you could post a photo of your unit showing the product id that would be helpful.

For advantages and theory of parafeed I recommend doing a Google search maybe using "Bottlehead parafeed primer" as your search term.

I generally do not recommend reliance on LTSpice as a design tool because as a simplifying model it excludes too many important design parameters which leads to erroneous results. Much better to evaluate proposed solutions empirically. Or to use some alternate models such as Voltsec's parafeed calculator.

And IMO an even more elegant solution is to go with LC coupling in lieu of the IT. If you think about it a 1:1 IT is a plate choke plus grid choke wrapped into one. Separating out these functions as in LC coupling permits greater optimization.

MSL

Builder of MagneQuest & Peerless transformers since 1989

Edits: 01/02/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: RIT-5 "senior" - mqracing 02:05:54 01/02/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.