Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

DIY TT Shelf Project Idea and Advice Needed?? Long.

Now that my TT is gone for three weeks getting anew arm fitted and other goodies, I'm thinking now is the time to try and treat some resonance issues with my TT shelf setup. I have a target twin shelf wall mounted shelf unit for my Aries 2. The upper stock shelf was too small for the TT, so I cut a larger, 1 inch MDF piece to rest on the shelf's leveling screws. There is about an 1/8 of an inch gap between the bottom of the shelf and the Target's fram, so that the larger shelf didn't sit on the frame itself. After doing seraches on this forum and others, Here are my ideas:

1. Sandwich 2 one inch pieces of high density fiberboard cut to size and glued together with a layer of sorbothane in between.
2. Glue to 1 inch pieces of clear acrylic together to create a thick piece of acrylic shelf.
3. Get a butch block cutting board in the approximate size and put in on the leveling screws and be done with it.
4. Sandwich think foam board between two layesr of birch plywood.
So my questions:

!. Anyone have experience with the above ideas or something similar?
2. Which one would provide both resonance control and sonic improvements over my current setup.
3. Anyone know where to source acrylic sheeting for this project? Do I need to find a cnc machine shop that works on acrylic for fabrication?
4. Would a layer of sorbo between the acrylic provide any benefits?
5. Some of the aftermarket isolation product companies boast about a proprietary glue that helps reduce resonance. Anyone know what kind of commercially available glue would work in these cases?
6. Anyone have a better idea?

I have three weeks t complete this job.Thanks for your help.

Al

There's someone in my head and it's not me.

There's someone in my head and it's not me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - DIY TT Shelf Project Idea and Advice Needed?? Long. - nighteyes0 13:12:57 06/19/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.