Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

It's a sad day for science.

>> I am sorry your subject here was deemed to require “isolation”, I don’t get to check in to all the posts so I guess I missed where “something” happened making it contagious. <<

You didn't miss anything. All that was written is in this thread. Why was the thread moved to Isolation Ward? Once again, PHP's moderator, Stephaen, like the Lord apparently, "works in strange and mysterious ways". I've tried finding out what those ways are, but to no avail. According to him I'm supposed to "know" why my posts are always getting moved or deleted but as you can see, like you, I haven't a clue. Not for lack of trying, mind you.

The best idea I could think of, was that he determined freezing objects for performance purposes was too "controversial" for PHP. But it's not too controversial for NASCAR, since they are known to freeze car parts for performance purposes. And a growing number of audio companies are freezing audio products for performance purposes. Is it "domestic" freezing that's too controversial for PHP, because its not NASCAR-approved? Well, that can't be it either, because Stephaen allowed the thread the first time around. It would seem that my test was probably the -most- appropriate thing on PHP at the time, since it covers the issue of -scientific- experimentation in audio; and was the only such group experiment in the history of PHP. And contrary to what one mod "suggested", there was no one not following rules in this thread (and no reason to dump it in Isolation even if that were so). You know, it occurs to me that even in Joe McCarthy's day, you at least got a hearing and an explanation before you were "blacklisted" for your words, actions or beliefs....

>> Anyway, thanks for the reply, I did not save any of my original posts but do have the files as they were left.
The eel8 and p08v were Ron Tutt’s, these two sounded the same to me.
The th0j was the other Ron Tutt that sounded different to me.
Also, this was the one that had the spurious information in its FFT of the drum hit when its impulse was analyzed.
From that very limited examination (of one drum hit on one recording) it would appear that Freezing can cause an audible difference but it is not “towards” being more accurate but away from it. <<

I am sorry you didn't save the other experimenter's test data, and that no one else seems to have, because I recall seeing a pattern developing where, like you, the majority of testers were isolating the frozen samples as being somehow "different". If that difference shows up in objective analysis, it's even -more- interesting as something to take a serious and close look at. Because why would the freezing process have any effect on an FFT analysis?

Others have noted differences in files that were simply copied (trolling scum like AJ falsely accused me of "doctoring the files" because he couldn't figure out either how a copy could change the data). So why would copying files change the data? Remember, conventional computer theory says it can't. How could programs work if that's the case?

These Freeze Effect tests have raised a LOT of questions, because so far, they have proven to contradict what people thought they knew about digital audio and computer data. More tests need to be done, but because the entire data from the project has been deleted, and the staff has refused my requests to restore it, and because the remainder of the project has been dumped here in the Isolation Ward, which nobody reads, no one is asking those questions or pursuing the meaning behind these findings.

It's a sad day for science, if you ask me.

Objective Audiophile 2007

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • It's a sad day for science. - Posy Rorer 09:57:35 06/01/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.