Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Crystals - acoustic pressure reduction or RFI/EMI absorption?

Acoustic pressure zones in the room are equalized by a number of tried and true audiophile techniques including but not limited to tiny little bowls, large crystals like Brilliant Pebbles, Tube Traps, Helmholtz resonators and Mpingo discs. Franck Tchang discusses the concept of pressure zone equality on in the Stereo Times and 6 Moons reviews of his Acoustic Resonators. To whit,

"...goal is to disarm LF pressure zones. Their deleterious damping on the natural propagation of treble data, air in audiophile speak, gets lifted. Some acoustic equilibrium is restored. The exact metallurgical composition and density of the metal alloys determines decay times and exact energetic conversion potential. Here's another Franckish aphorism: "If you need to break the air in a balloon, use a needle, not a hammer." Tchang views his resonators as needles that puncture pressure zones with minimal effort and maximum efficiency (whereas conventional absorption devices become hammers that add to the mess we're trying to clean up).

More Franck speak: "Against the force, create another force. Reusing the force for its own benefit is key." Sounds like Aikido where an attack isn't blocked but redirected to where it won't do harm - except to the attacker if you're violent or in real danger. "The resonators transform air (noise) into tension. Without this process, our bodies will absorb the tension. I think you will know what I mean by now." I was very curious about these sonic effects on the nervous system. My wife and I have a dedicated meditation room for our formal practice. We view meditation as a process of conducting and magnifying higher energies which then create a shift of perception in consciousness. Anything that could facilitate faster or more powerful access by minimizing disturbances or blocks would be very welcome. Creating peaceful space using Feng Shui is already part of our vocabulary. These resonators seem like another tool from that same tool box. Ivette's very excited - and mostly not about the audio applications. Granted, this isn't the sort of thing you expect to read about in a magazine called The Perfect Sound or Ultimate Stereo. Which is exactly why our publication's name lacks any tie-in with audio. We do get to talk about other stuff as well."

Edits: 08/07/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Crystals - acoustic pressure reduction or RFI/EMI absorption? - geoffkait 03:34:51 08/07/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.