In Reply to: Cones under tall speakers posted by geoffkait on September 2, 2016 at 04:14:28:
This is a rare photo I took of my system some time ago. I'm not sure why I even took the picture. Perhaps to figure out why the flash on my camera wasn't working?
But this is where a Coincident speaker is now sitting and where the Von Scheikert VR4jr was siting when it got toppled by the pooch. I made the mistake of raising the shade next to the equipment stand just high enough to open the window for a bit of fresh air. Which allowed poochie to see and hear the postman coming up the front walk. And you can guess the rest. The Von Schweikert had to be sacrificed to save the planet from the mailman. I never raised that shade again.
I thought about wood platforms, but the outriggers do add about 4" to the overall width of the speaker. I'm not sure. The new pup likes to hide his toys in that corner. Get rid of the dog?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - how often do you exercise your potentiometers? - walkstoslow 17:36:54 08/25/16 (13)
- I'm happy to report - Awe-d-o-file 18:32:20 09/14/16 (1)
- RE: I'm happy to report - walkstoslow 08:03:06 09/25/16 (0)
- RE: how often do you exercise your potentiometers? - geoffkait 06:52:32 08/26/16 (1)
- RE: how often do you exercise your potentiometers? - walkstoslow 12:41:58 08/26/16 (0)
- RE: how often do you exercise your potentiometers? - Tweaker456 02:22:07 08/26/16 (0)
- My pot dosen't get out much these days - 4everyoung 00:03:56 08/26/16 (7)
- spikes or isolators? - walkstoslow 07:25:47 08/28/16 (6)
- RE: spikes or isolators? - walkstoslow 08:05:54 09/04/16 (0)
- RE: spikes or isolators? - 4everyoung 00:28:24 08/29/16 (4)