Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Does my speaker give me the right to listen to sign

waves? I want to listen to a 10v sign wave in my 8 ohm speaker. Soooo, 10/8=1.25 amps or there abouts. This is Ohm's LAW. It's the freaking law. I'm not going to jail, Geoff is. I don't break immutable laws, only the great Geoff Kait can do that. So can someone please explain either why I am not allowed to listen to sign waves that amount to only , let's see, 1.25 times 10v. That's 12.5 watts in a speaker that I think is rated at 40 watts. Or can someone, if I am allowed to do this ,please explain how a 40AWG SPEAKER wire, rated to carry .0137 amps is able to handle aprox. 100 times the current for my 1.25 amp sign wave without melting? Actually what I really want is for Geoff to explain it, but since he refuses maybe someone else can explain how Geoff gets to break the laws of physics, even after he himself said he measured 2 amps at a speaker? Thanks, T

Edits: 07/18/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Does my speaker give me the right to listen to sign - Tweaker456 08:37:38 07/18/16 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.