Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

A perfect opportunity for real insight. Any chance Dave Clark could help?

Hey, this is a place where we can finally make some concrete progress on this type of tweak!

Mr. Clarke's syetem is obviously capable of the resolution required to hear this tweak. Plus, he described the effects as blatantly obvious. PLUS, he listened in blind fashion.

So, if writing "O.K." was enough to get him to exclaim, "WOW, this sounds much better! Way more musical and golly-gosh-gee, this is really cool!"...imagine what he would have heard had she written "Fantastic" or "Orgasmic" or "Like I'm in the same room," or "Like I'm in the venue!"

Obviously, if writing "Bad" vs. "OK" can make such an obvious difference, the next place to take this is to write "Sonic Nirvana" and start doing research into which words yield the best result.

Also, if "Bad" vs. "Good" is obvious to the ear, he should be able to tell us how other words sound when they are used in this manner. We could assemble a lexicon that people with certain systems could use to help with small fixes when their system lacks that certain je ne sais pas.

This should be pretty easy. As Mr. Clark mentioned, the effect is so obvious, it can be heard blind!

The application of this tweak is so potentially eipc, I'm ecstatic we finally have a trusted source who can take us on a tour of other audio terms and their effect on the sound of our gear.

Edits: 41/21/01

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.