Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

May Belt Article in current Positive Feedback Online

In it's recent edition Positive Feedback Online continues to be a mouth piece for the controversial products and ideas of Peter Belt. Of course the skeptic in me is hardly surprised since started way back with Carol Clark's positive finding with the Photo in Fridge Tweak their path was inexorably set in the direction of more of the same since frankly the only reasonable alternative after something like that would be a quick (and permanent) disappearing act.

Anyway the most recent contribution is an article by May Belt, the content a mixture of indignant can't get no respect and blame it on intolerance which would hardly come as a surprise to anyone who has sampled May Belt's contributions to online audio forums, this one included. Nonetheless the focus of the current article centers on the issue of the explanation for Beltian effects, i.e:

"But the real challenge in our work is presented by stumbling on repeatable and reversible effects from our products and then having to explain why and how they happen."

Now you may wondering... Why?, OH why?, is this fellow providing yet another post ridiculing those wacky Belts? Well perish the thought because I believe I may have stumbled across the explanation that has long eluded many, the Belts included.

Indeed it was May's request for assistance, "We are as interested as anyone else in finding a comprehensive theory to explain our discoveries...", which must have touched a tender spot in me, that prompted my Eureka! moment.

You see prior to that I must admit that I was still inwardly laughing at the following example of a Beltian tweak, a Dave Clark testimonial, that May had included:

"“First time I experienced Belt treatments. Had no clue what Carol was up to as I was in the other room, though I did know she was playing around with something audio. She asked me to come in and give a listen, but with the following constraints: 1) I had to play the same track three times in a row, and 2) I could not open my eyes during the session. Easy as pie! Out came my favorite Lambchop disc What Another Man Spoils and on went track 1. Hit play and… "Sounds fine Carol, sounds like it usually does; great recording, fun music, love it!" She hits Stop and after a few seconds, she hits Play again, and like "WOW, this sounds much better! Way more musical and golly-gosh-gee, this is really cool!" She hits Stop and a minute later, she hits Play again, and shit! I mean SHIT, this sounds like shit! Not the shit, but shit. Not more than 5 seconds into the track and STOP IT NOW BEFORE I TEAR MY EARS OFF! What did you do? "Well, the first time nothing, the second time I wrote Reimer > O.K! with this red pen on a piece of tape and placed one on the top of each speaker, and the third time I replaced the tape with another that said… Reimer > BAD." Huh, sounded as it usually did with nothing on the speaker, sounded really great when you wrote O.K, and sound really bad when you wrote Bad. Weird."

Golly-gosh-gee indeedy! ROTFL

Yes, I admit, that was my reaction until being touched by May's request. How to explain Dave Clark's reaction? Bang! It hit me! The tweak clearly is a Psychic Energy Focusing Lens and Carol Clark is most certainly a Psychic!

Think about it. There's no way a piece of tape with "Reimer > BAD." or "Reimer > O.K!" could in and of itself effect perception of the music being played, the very notion is clearly preposterous! But the tape acting as a Psychic Energy Focusing Lens allowing Carol Clark to beam intense karma at Dave Clark explains all. The negative case in particular is illuminating, "STOP IT NOW BEFORE I TEAR MY EARS OFF", clearly indicating the well known association between intense displeasure and bad karma.

So there you have it, at long last, mystery solved! And this is no just purely academic discovery, hardly!. Take for example the very important message that Dave Clark can divine, i.e. Brother you'd had better never really Piss Off your better half because if you do and she were to get her hands on a Voodoo Doll you ability to enjoy music would be completely irrelevant in comparison to the major hurt that she have visit upon your sorry arse.

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher

Edits: 30/21/01 30/21/01 30/21/01 30/21/01 30/21/01 30/21/01

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - May Belt Article in current Positive Feedback Online - bjh 08:52:06 04/18/07 (71)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.