Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Black Cable Tie Tweak redux

Black Cable Tie Tweak. Just in time for Christmas!

Here's a fun little project. Count the number of drain spouts on your house or apt building - drain outs are the long, 6" diameter vertical metal pipes that run from the roof gutters to the ground. You might know them better as waterspouts, downspouts, roof drain pipes or some other arcane word or terminology so don't bust my balls. Obtain enough 14" black cable ties from Home Depot so you'll have one black cable tie for each drain spout. IIRC 14" black cable ties come in a pack of 10 which is almost certainly enough unless you live in Buckingham Palace. If you encounter a drain spout that's too wide for the 14" cable tie, use two cable ties per drain spout.

Place all 14" black cable ties in the freezer overnight (about 12 hours). Remove cable ties the next day and allow them to thaw to room temperature. Secure one black cable tie snugly around each drain spout at a point approximately one foot up from the bottom opening of the pipe near the ground. After all cable ties are in place go listen to some favorite recordings.

Cheers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Black Cable Tie Tweak redux - geoffkait 05:38:49 12/24/12 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.