Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: In your link

What's your problem? I provided a link to an entire web site to point you and others to a large body of work that they might find interesting. After you responded with a few isolated quotations, I then asked you to confirm, with a question that could be answered "yes or no", whether you were working off a specific article that I linked to. Rather than simply answering this question you responded with an ambiguous reference to "it" which could refer to either of the two links that I had previously posted. Perhaps you are not aware that many authors of scholarly papers tend to reuse words, phrases, and even paragraphs in various of their documents, so establishing context is not just a matter of a simple search. You should also appreciate there may be other people following the thread, and putting all of them "on the same page" is a useful courtesy.

I can not respond to quotations taken out of their context, which is why I posted the specific link and asked for confirmation. If you are an intelligent person you will appreciate the necessity of understanding words, sentences and paragraphs in their proper context. If you have common courtesy, you will also appreciate the importance of providing useful links and politely answering simple questions.

You will hear no further discussion from me until you accord me the common courtesy of answering my simple "yes or no" question.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: In your link - Tony Lauck 14:39:00 03/02/12 (3)
    • C'mon - unclestu 14:51:55 03/02/12 (2)
      • RE: C'mon - Tony Lauck 15:05:40 03/02/12 (1)
        • Your - unclestu 16:40:35 03/02/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.