Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

You ignore

several important factors.

One: the human body is polarized as our muscle tissue and neural synapses all work on negative voltages.

Two: You ignore and apply YOUR interpretation of many factors, and then apply them to many of my observations without further investigation. For example, I have never claimed the dielectric of a table lamp cord will affect the sound of your stereo components. Also, I've owned Quad 57's and have had them outside my listening area and never noticed any deterioration in sound. They do form huge capacitors however, and it is a well known fact that the original quads would take up to a month to ave the panels fully charge up. Incidentally Wayne Piquet, who rebuilds Quad 57's in Florida, claims one of the key factors in improving the performance involves strip[ping the black paint off the panels the factory sprayed on in order to reduce the reflection which made the panels visible through the grill.

Three: All lengths of wire act as an antenna. Bob Fulton in the 80's manufactured cables of usual lengths because he claimed that the standard one meter length of an interconnect just happens to conform to the length of a car antenna, making it an ideal antenna for RF.

As any wire acts as an antenna, whether terminated or not, an since power cords are not coaxial, there is a certain amount of charge which two parallel wires running side by side can store as capacitance.

AS a matter of fact, as I live in a formerly extremely high RF area, so high that the first generation Yamaha CD players could not play longer than 30 seconds, an interconnect coiled on top pf the CD player or preamp could significantly reduce that RF and make the machines playable. Discovered accidentally, I later found reference to this technique in an Antenna handbook, BTW.

So now according to your dictates and pronouncements, we are to eliminate all plastics, all capacitors, all batteries, all magnets. Yeah by eliminating all electronics in a room I'm sure the silence will be exquisite. Just how do we eliminate the Earth's magnetic field, BTW, or perhaps you have a means of treating the planet.

Indeed your statements are often preposterous. Coating a sugar cube, for example, do you believe it is remotely possible to try every substance in the world? I have already stated that it was not my idea that black insulation was bad, and you criticize me for saying that? That is sheer stupidity. Having read your website many years ago, I do not recall any pronouncements that black insulation was bad, not any explanation for it being so.

You quote about wrapping the wire is ludicrous because it is taken out of context. That reply was given to GK's statement that wrapping black wire with white teflon tape made it sound better. For a "theoretical physicist" with nothing more than a bachelor's degree, he certainly ignores a lot of possible and well known factors in attributing the performance gain to the white color of the tape. If you similarly ignore those factors and the so called "scientific method", then your assertions are also open to tremendous doubt.

Do you really believe that freezing only affects the insulation color properties? You don't believe that an anti static fluid or treatment will have greater affect on a leaky insulation than a better one? You statements ignore a multitude of factors which may or may not be related to sound improvement. I found that your statements ignore many of the possible causalities, and literal;y leap to often unfounded conclusions which may attributed elsewhere.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You ignore - unclestu 13:21:48 07/06/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.