Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

I explained already why your theory cannot be correct

As I already explained to Mr. Know-it-All, your explanation can't be right, since you can remove the Good and Plenties from the box, shake them up so they are randomly distributed, then place them back in the box so they will be randomly distributed *in the box.* Then, spill the Good and Plenties into the bowl - Voila! the Good and Plenties will form pink and white clusters. So, the explanation cannot be that the clusters are already formed in the box, at the factory. Furthermore, even if they were, the physics of spilling the Good and Plenties out into the bowl - they bounce around a lot upon impact - should overcome any clustering that might exist in the box. The Good and Plenties should be poured out slowly from the box with the box about 3 inches above the bowl.

It's almost as if the pink ones are "magnetically attracted" to other pink ones but not to the white ones. But magnetism is not the right answer either. If it were magnetism, *clustering* would not occur, instead there would tend to be only two groups - a pink group and a white group, not clusters.

Edits: 05/07/11 05/07/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I explained already why your theory cannot be correct - geoffkait 04:03:32 05/07/11 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.