Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: yawn

[quote] "Now, May, wouldn't a static conductive fluid automatically wick away a certain amount of EMI/RFI? A piece of copper foil or even aluminum foil wrapped around a wooden table leg can do the same thing. Now, can you show that this conductive property has nothing to do with your morphic resonances?" [/quote]

Can I address some of your reply systematically ?

I have never said that "morphic resonance" EXPLAINS EVERYTHING happening in audio. I have said that "morphic resonance" (or other scientist's theories of 'linkage') is one strong explanation for the effect of writing words (language, communication) and for being able to 'treat' certain areas such as bar codes, Brand names (i.e things which will have 'linkage' if there is such a thing as 'linkage with identical things') and for being able to use certain words.

Regarding my reference to Nordost's static conductive fluid. YOU, sir, were the one who (previously) claimed that IF a problem of static could be eliminated on a passive cable 20 plus feet away from any audio system, then it COULD affect the audio signal travelling through that audio system, because (you claimed) the static which had originally been on the outer insulation of the cable 20 plus feet away from any audio equipment or wiring COULD HAVE BEEN adversely affecting the audio signal !! I had never mentioned anything to do with "morphic resonance" in that particular respect. I don't mention "morphic resonance" as being associated with everything to do with audio matters !!!!!!!!!!!!

To my understanding of static (within audio), claiming that eliminating static from the outer insulation of a cable 20 plus feet away from any audio equipment or wiring can affect the audio signal so that it can give the improvements in the sound which people have described seems a far more NON plausible explanation than an explanation that the particular chemical used could be one of the 'reassuring' communication techniques which Nature uses !! And which WE (human beings) could be sensitive to !! Hence, wherever you apply it in the room, it will have it's beneficial (reassuring) effect !!! Nothing to do with 'an effect on the audio signal'. IF static, present on a cable 20 plus feet away from audio equipment and wiring, COULD have an adverse effect on the audio signal, then surely there would be measurements to support that theory ???

The particular explanation I have put forward can explain so much of what is going on in the world of audio than EVERY change being reported in the sound having to have an explanation to do with 'something affecting the audio signal or something affecting the acoustic air pressure waves'.

Have you ACTUALLY tried the Nordost chemical on the outer insulation of PASSIVE cables 20 plus feet away from your audio equipment and wiring and heard improvements ?? Have YOU actually tried such as the Nordost chemical on other NON AUDIO items in your listening environment. I am sure that IF you had, you would have encountered changes in the sound which CANNOT be explained as 'affecting the audio signal or affecting the acoustic air pressure waves in the room' !!! Which CANNOT be explained as 'somehow dealing with EMI/RFI' and therefore 'having an effect on the audio signal or on the acoustic air pressure waves'!!!

[quote] "So adding a lacquer with carbon added ( a slightly conductive element, IIRC) and coating IC's or cones can not affect the mechanical resonance? or is it just possible that the slight conductivity may possibly have an influence?" [/quote]

Again, unclestu, you are back to referring to 'treating' IC's or cones' with a lacquer and trying to keep the reference (and any explanation) within "what can affect an audio signal" !!! You are back with the blinkers on again. I was originally talking about applying the lacquer to OTHER areas, to OTHER things, in the environment and gaining an improvement in the sound - where again it would be SOOOOOOO outrageous to believe that applying the lacquer to numerous non audio things around the listening environment (where it's slightly conductive element affecting mechanical resonance or it's slight conductivity} could affect the audio signal or the room acoustics.
I was not talking about applying it to IC's or cones or to general audio equipment. It is when one moves away from audio equipment and anything associated with audio equipment and yet can gain identical improvements in the sound by applying the SAME lacquer - is what I am talking about. THAT is why I said that you only seem to have done experiments which can be associated with audio equipment and the audio signal and where the results can be explained from conventional theories.

[quote] "One line of a green felt pen on the back of CD also makes a difference, but I wouldn't claim morphic resonance as a cause. You could write almost anything on the back of a CD and hear a difference and words need not be "beneficial". In fact very early on, I played around with drawing geometric shapes, before I even heard of your website." [/quote]

Of course you can get a change in the sound from making a line with a green felt pen on the back of a CD. When have I ever claimed that it was SOLELY to do with 'morphic resonance' ????? What I say is that human beings are sensitive to colours (all colours) and react differently to different colours. This is because we are sensitive to what is going on in our environment !!

Again, of course you can write almost anything on the back of a CD and get a change in the sound !! But you are wrong if you believe that ANY words will give you an improvement in the sound. Write the words GOOD, EXCELLENT, PEACE on the label side of the CD, listen, get used to that sound, then erase those words and instead write the words WAR, BAD, DANGER and listen again. You will have worse sound !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read Carol Clark's article, she experimented with just that !!!

With regard to the actual words used, then yes, I would suggest that it COULD be a 'tapping into the linkage and the meaning of words (communication)' - i.e Sheldrake's 'morphic resonance', Bohr's "Thought as a system" - the whole society sharing thoughts - it's all one process. !!!!!!!!!

Of course you can get a change in the sound from making a line with a green felt pen on the label side of a CD. I presume your explanations would be along the lines of "The pigmentation of the colour can be having an effect on the static of the disc and therefore affecting how the information on the disc was read." OR, "That the colour on the label side of the CD could affect the way the laser beam reads the information on the disc." The problem, unclestu, occurs when you can yes, get a change in the sound from making a line with a green felt pen on the label side of the CD being PLAYED, but when you apply an identical line with an identical green felt pen on the label side of an identical but PASSIVE CD, just resting on the sofa next to you, and you get an identical change in the sound !!!!!! Now, in that example there can be NO problem with pigmentation of the colour affecting the static on the disc, which could affect the information being read because it is a PASSIVE disc (not being played) and there can be NO problem with how the laser beam reads the information BECAUSE there IS NO laser beam reading information on the PASSIVE DISC. !!!!!!!! And yet, doing the identical thing on the PASSIVE CD gives you a change in the sound identical to the change in the sound by doing the same thing on the CD being played !!!!! Explain that from within conventional electronic and acoustic theories.

Of course drawing geometric shapes will give you changes in the sound. How do you think WE discovered the same thing - by just drawing different geometric shapes and listening each time !! LONG before we ever began investigating WHY !!!! Unclestu, have YOU ever investigated WHY different geometric shapes change the sound ??????????????? You KNOW why geometric shapes change the sound, do you ??

[quote] "But I digress here, because I believe it is you who are putting words into my mouth. When I state that using your rainbow foil in a book outside my sound room had no effect, I believe the experiment is consonant with my conclusions, and, as a matter of fact, support it. I hear no difference with freezing my photographs either. While it does not support your thesis, I have no thesis about such effects, having not heard any effect ( I do have a -100 lab freezer also, BTW)." [/quote]

Of course if you heard nothing by doing those things, then your conclusion WOULD be that nothing is happening. Of course you would not need any thesis if you had never heard any effect. But such as Carol Clark (audioMUSINGS) DID DO the experiment of putting her photos in their deep freezer and DID hear a beneficial effect on the sound !!

If trying our Rainbow Foil inside books and trying freezing your photograph in your deep freezer had no effect, then they had no effect. For YOU. This particular part of the discussion ends there. But, if you HAD heard improvements in the sound by doing so (which many other people have) then you would need an explanation !!! In which case you would need a thesis from me !!!
In exactly the same way that if you had tried different cables and heard NO differences in the sound, then obviously you would NOT need any thesis, YOU would not need any explanation. But. if you HAD tried different cables and DID hear differences in the sound, then, yes, you WOULD need a thesis !!!
Just because YOU can't hear things (which others can) does not make me wrong !!! It just means that YOU cannot hear the things referred to !! You can probably hear different cables sound different but others can't. And, because THEY can't, then they do just what you have just done - dismiss others experiences !! And dismiss explanations for those experiences !!

[quote] "It is interesting also that I have said that the color of wire insulation makes a sonic difference, but I do not attribute that to morphic resonances, merely to dye lot contamination. Mundane, perhaps but easier to investigate and to verify." [/quote]

Of course you have heard (and said) that different colours of wire insulation makes a sonic difference. I have never claimed that the effect is due to "morphic resonance". But, sir, your explanation of "merely due to dye contamination" IS too easy !!!!!!!! Dye contamination effect on WHAT ??? Presumably you are meaning "due to dye contamination of the colour of the insulation material it was having a dielectric effect on the signal" - or by "reducing the effect of EMI/RFI" ? .
But those explanations do not explain an identical effect on the sound from changing the colour of the insulation material on other PASSIVE cables, many metres away from the audio equipment !! PASSIVE cables not connected to any equipment and not connected to the AC supply !!

Change the colour of ANYTHING in the listening room and you will change the sound !!! Change the colour of the cushion you are resting on, change the colour of the curtains, change the colour of the walls, change the colour of the table lamp shade, change the colour of your watch strap - and you will change the sound !!!! STILL "the dye contamination" - on WHAT ???? STILL "on the audio signal" ???

Again, unclestu, the story is well known how we discovered that different colours change the sound - and this happened long before we ever owned a CD player or CDs, i.e when we were still using vinyl as the source !! So, by the time we had acquired a CD player and some CDs, we were already aware that colours are important and that such as the colours printed on the label side of CDs have to be 'dealt with' !!!!! But the significant part of our experiences was in 'treating' the label side of an identical but passive CD - identical to the one being played - and gaining an identical improvement in the sound. Some of the first CDs we owned came attached to the front covers of Hi Fi magazines. We then found that we had to 'deal with' the psychedelic colouring of the front cover of the Hi Fi magazines !!! Then we found that ANOTHER important area on the magazine's front cover which needed 'treating' which was not part of the complicated colouring but the actual Bar Code on the magazine's front cover !!!! We then found that ANOTHER important area on the CD label which required 'treating' as well as the complicated and coloured art work was the CD logo !!!!!!!!!! And, so it progressed !!! And which we then had to search for some explanation for. Because the explanation was NOT in the audio text books nor within conventional electronic and acoustic theories !!

Back to the colour of the insulation of wires. Yes, you could change the colour of the outer insulation of a cable carrying the audio signal from (say) Black to Red and get a change in the sound. Your explanation would presumably be that the different pigmentation of the colour had a different effect on the audio signal. But, unclestu, you could have an IDENTICAL cable but this time just passively resting on the carpet in front of you - some 20 feet away from the audio equipment - not connected to the audio system and not connected to the AC supply. You could change the colour of the outer insulation of this identical but PASSIVE cable from Black to Red and you would get an identical change in the sound as the change you got by doing the same thing with the 'working' cable !!!

Just WHY can't the human being be sensitive to different colours - nothing to do with 'an effect on the audio signal' or 'an effect on the acoustic air pressure waves in the room' ?? And nothing to do with the actual 'visual' colour. If the scientists are correct that each colour has it's own frequency, then why can't we (human beings) be sensitive to those different frequencies in our listening environment, and react differently to each different frequency ??

Nothing to do with the "dye lot contamination" of the particular colour 'having an effect on the audio signal' !!

Regards,
May Belt.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: yawn - May Belt 10:30:45 08/13/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.