Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Yawn... back to morphic resonance,

[quote] "I do not dispute that that there are influences on the human body, but Robert Becker, Candace Pert, and the work of many other molecular biologists suggest other influences." [/quote]

Of course Robert Becker (his book "The Body Electric") is correct. Of course there will be 'electrical' influences both on the body from outside and inside the body itself. No one is disputing that !!!!!!!

But as well as Sheldrake, other scientists are also having to 'go down the thought path' of 'linkage' !!!

Bohm's Book "Thought as a system" - the whole society sharing thoughts - it's all one process.

From the Cambridge physiologist Horace Barlow:-

[quote] "a type of computer model, programmed by past experience and continuously updated by new sense data from millisecond to millisecond, are running inside the skull of every swimming fish, every galloping horse, every echo-ranging bat." [/quote]

[quote] "The websites of Sheldrake seem to be down, and the general scientific community has largely discounted his theories. Now as a theory, it means there insufficient proof of the workings of his ideas. If others can find other causalities for certain effects attributed to morphic resonances, I am inclined to believe those causalities which at least can be measured and either denied or proven." [/quote]

THAT is some statement of yours, unclestu - that "the general scientific community has largely discounted his theories. Now as a theory, it means there insufficient proof of the workings of his ideas." You KNOW this how ???? I thought that 'as a theory' it is still being considered and efforts are continually going on to find repeatable evidence of such !! From what I know of science, theories are picked up, considered, put down, put on a shelf (NOT discarded or discounted) picked up again when something new happens, put down again until someone else finds something to ressurect the theory again - and so on 'creeps the petty pace from day to day' (Shakespeare not me) !!!!!!!!

[quote] "If others can find other causalities for certain effects attributed to morphic resonances, I am inclined to believe those causalities which at least can be measured and either denied or proven." [/quote]

Those OTHER causalities (which you are inclined to believe and which you say can be measured) I would definitely be interested in knowing of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I am aware, much of the 'thinking' is STILL in the air. Because the Genes and DNA code for PROTEINS, the scientists are stuck on the subject of "What governs behaviour and communications ?" A common, universal memory to be 'tapped into' ?? Rather like the worldwide radio broadcasts being 'out there' i.e not IN each radio but available to be 'tapped into' if required !!! Providing the necessary circuitry is in place within the radio !!

They (the scientists) are even debating as to where memory actually resides !!! Within the brain or outside the brain ?? Again, these OTHER causalities (which can be measured) which you refer to I would be very interested to know about !!!!!!!!!!

If such knowledge IS already in place, (as you are suggesting) then just WHY are so many STILL searching ??????????????

Regards,
May Belt.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.