Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: "Why 320 Hz?"

Stu, apparently you haven't glommed onto the Belt theory yet. The foils and most if not all of the other Belt items do not obey the inverse square law. And why should they? They aren't operating according to the standard theories of acoustic resonance, electromagnetic absorption, absorption of photons or any of the other usual explanations associated with audio tweaks. Can I suggest hitting the books to avoid getting wrapped around the axle every time this discussion of the foils or clocks comes up?

A 315 Hz signal - in conjuction with a SPL meter - is suggested for determining the proper location of some of my Brilliant Pebbles devices (the larger sizes). The 315 Hz is suggested because it is effective for finding peak sound pressure levels in the room (that one would rather eliminate or attenuate) and because it's readily available. The crystals (I use up to 10 different crystal types in each device) respond to other frequencies as well, obviously. The 315 Hz is a suggestion, finding the locations for the crystals can be done by ear, but that method is less reliable.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.