Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: My point exactly

[quote] So you are saying no one else can duplicate your treatment unless you or Peter tell them.... [/quote]

The EXACT treatments, yes.

However, that does not prevent anyone else discovering different techniques which could have somewhat SIMILAR effects (on the sound) - as is evidenced by other people having and using many DIFFERENT techniques but gaining similar improvements in the sound !!!

As we have said for some 30 years now. There is 'something going on', in the environment, which is having an adverse effect on ???????????? What ?? On us ?????????? Which then affects the way we (human beings) resolve the (sound) information we are receiving via the audio equipment !!

That others can discover a technique (for themselves) which can reduce that 'adverse effect', then, again as I have been saying for the same 30 years, "If a problem - and then some form of resolution - (an effect) is there to be discovered, then it is THERE - waiting in the wings - to be discovered by anyone !!"

We (Peter and I) are NOT unique in discovering it (the EFFECT first and then realising what the problem was in the first place) - just much earlier in doing so than others.

You have used the singular word 'treatment' to describe what we do to the many and different basic materials which are available and which we make use of.

The plural word 'treatments' should be the correct word. Our 'treatments' are multiple 'treatments', complicated 'treatments', diverse 'treatments' so, yes, without we describe ALL those multiple, complicated, diverse 'treatments' to someone, then they could not replicate EXACTLY what we do !!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote] Interesting, since that basically says that you believe everyone else on the planet is inferior to the intellect you seem to possess. [/quote]

No, what I describe does NOT SAY (or imply) that !!! Don't put words or thoughts into my mouth which are not there !! We (Peter and I) have never failed to acknowledge that we would NOT be at the stage of intellect and understanding where we are at now without standing on the shoulders of others - but others in their own particular and different field of the sciences !!!!!!!!!!!! Because we would just not have understood the implications of what we had been discovering over these past 30 years without the results of other people's investigations. Instead of trying to imply we are arrogant, it is more that we acknowledge, with humility, other's work - which, in turn, has led to OUR greater understanding !! That we may be further along that path with regard to matters audio, then that surely is life coupled with experience, but only further along the narrow (audio) path - not the path of the entire sciences - which is what you seem to want to imply with your remark !!

What we have discovered is there to be discovered, by anyone who is prepared to remove the blinkers. Trying to fit everything which changes the sound and music into the conventional 'it must be having an effect on the audio signal, or it must be having an effect on the room's acoustic air pressure waves and vibrations' is far too limiting, as others in audio are now finding !!

Regards,
May Belt.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.