Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: So....

Quote by Geoff 17/07/10

[quote] here's no substitute for the real thing. You are only fooling yourself if you think you can knock off the holographic foils. [/quote]

Reply to Geoff from unclestu 21/07/10

[quote] I seriously doubt if the Belts actually make their own foil [/quote]

I think some confusion has arisen over the word "holographic foil" (Geoff) and "foil" (unclestu). In the confusion Geoff is obviously meaning "treating the basic Foil material" and unclestu is obviously meaning "making the actual material in the first place".

Of course we don't make the actual PRISMATIC material in the first place and I don't think that Geoff was meaning THAT, unclestu. However, we DO 'treat' the basic material in quite complex and sophisticated ways. Some people claim not to have heard our Rainbow Foil have any effect whereas you unclestu DO claim to have heard it produce an effect.
Because the prismatic material was chosen in the first place because it could give all the colours of the rainbow (and different colours are important regarding sound) then it would not surprise me if some people could hear the effect of using a material with all the colours on it. However, unclestu, I would challenge you again on your assumption of the Rainbow Foil "helping dissipate RF energy".

Because, we can 'treat' Clear Polyester Film and have THAT have the same beneficial effect on the sound as our Rainbow Foil - and, I am sure you will already know, Clear Film would not be doing the same 'dissipating of RF energy'. And, we can 'treat' our Cream (which I DO make with my own fair hands) which can then have a similar beneficial effect on the sound as our Foil and, as I am sure you already know, simple Cream would not be doing the same 'dissipating of RF energy'.

You are however right 'on the button' with your quote :-

[quote] "I do believe that there is fundamentally sound science behind many so called "voodoo" tweaks. A better understanding provides not only better implementation but but also superior application." [/quote]

Regards,
May Belt,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.