Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: Uh, oh. Better read Geoff's reply.

You are at it again, Enophile - misinterpreting what I am saying.

You know perfectly well I meant that it was GOOD to see someone (Unclestu in this instance)being prepared to struggle to find a scientific explanation for one of the numerous 'tweaks' which people report have 'improved their sound'.

I said it was refreshing that there was someone "thinking" about such tnings - full stop. As opposed to someone "not thinking".

I have 'sparred' before with Unclestu, specifically on the area he was referring to and I asked him where exactly, in his opinion, our Rainbow Foil was 'dealing with' RF, exactly in his opinion, this was being effective,
1) on the audio signal or
2) on the acoustic air pressure waves in the room.

Unclestu may have only been considering 'an effect on the RF when strips of Rainbow Foil were attached to the label side of a CD. But, as Geoff has pointed out, how can an affect on RF be the explanation when one can apply similar stripts of Rainbow Foil on an audio cassette, left in the cassette player, when the casette player is disconnected from the audio system and yet an identical improvement in the sound is heard.

At least Unclestu isz putting some thought into it, and not constantly referring to various 'tweaks' as 'being the supernatural arena' !!!!

Unclestu is to be congratulated in at least struggling to find a scientific explanation and not dismiss things as 'supernatural'.

Coupling human beings and their environment is not 'supernatural'. The human body, programmed to read/sense/monitor the temperature of it's environment every millsecond or every second of every minute of every hour of it's life is not 'supernatural'.

It is not the science of audio, nor the science of electronics, nor the science of acoustics, but it is STILL science !!!

Regards,
May Belt.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Uh, oh. Better read Geoff's reply. - May Belt 05:04:47 07/01/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.