Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

rainbow foil

I suspect the Belt Rainbow foil acts like a constrained layer dampening device which helps dissipate the RF energy. The construction is a sandwich of plastic and aluminum foil. The foil itself is laser etched to extremely fine etchings, typically at the wavelengths of like ( in order that it have the proper effects on light), thus we have, in effect tiny antennas, and when trimmed to the small widths recommended it effectively can become RFI absorbers.

As for the crystals, simple experimentation has revealed that piezoelectric crystals seems to impart a greater sonic difference. The Shakti Stones are based on a similar application according to their patents, except their housings serve as microwave tunnels guides of sorts focusing the energy upon the crystals they use.

There are many circuit mods and such which have yet to be popularized, however. Power supply isolation and the implementation of isolated supplies, I find very critical for better sound. Very few modern designers really implement such designs, however. One interesting piece I had a chance to examine was a older Grommes design (IIRC). The amp had two rectifiers, a 5U4 for the power tubes and a 6X4 for the input tubes. Sounded good and it was quite interesting, but something no ,modern designer has really used (Although the CJ Premier 350 has separate rectifiers for the front end as well as the output devices).

I do believe that there is fundamentally sound science behind many so called "voodoo" tweaks. A better understanding provides not only better implementation but but also superior application.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.